In the last years, Python has become the most popular programming language among data scientists and it will most probably bring you the best opportunities in your data science career. This course will guide you through everything important you need to know about coding to become great data scientist. We will start with basic Python syntax and variables and then move to more advanced stuff essential for any data scientist.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand Python syntax and basic data types and write Python code.
- Tell the difference between complex data types like lists, dictionaries, or tuples and use them for your benefit.
- Apply data types from module collections to improve the efficiency of your code.
- Apply various datetime methods to handle time and date.
- Understand common errors that can occur during the execution.
For this course, you will need to have Python and JupyterLab installed on your computer. No prior Python knowledge is required. If you are not sure how to setup those, you can learn it from our micro-course: Environment Setup.
You can select one of three available pricing plans. Each will give you an access to all course materials including the quizzes and challenges. Additionally, you can opt for mentor support through Slack and mentor calls.
Course duration: ~20h
StartData and Logic
StartIntroduction to Variables
StartVariables - Tutorial
StartIntroduction to Strings
StartString Operations - Tutorial
StartIntroduction to Numbers
StartLexical Structures - Tutorial
StartVariables, Strings and Numbers - Quiz
StartData Types and Variables: Feedback